Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Cupcakes Need Not Apply

I flew back from Chicago on Saturday, which didn't leave a lot of prep time for my son's birthday on Monday. I took him to breakfast and, at his request, picked up some of those awful cupcakes they sell at the supermarket with the intention of handing them out at the end of class.

Home baked goodies are already banned but I was surprised when Ms Eno reminded me of the new state law prohibiting cupcakes in California classrooms.

I then checked with the office for approved treats and learned that Pudding Cups are okay. Pudding Cups?

Oh Arnold, that's so MUCH better.

Non-fat milk, water, sugar, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, modified corn starch, cocoa (processed with alkalai), salt, sodium stearoyl lactate, artificial lavors

140 calories of which 45 are from fat

16 grams sugar
21 grams carbs

No comments: